singapore

Alumni Ambassadors - Asia & Australasia

Australia | Bangladesh | China | Hong Kong | India | Indonesia | Japan | Malaysia | Pakistan | Singapore| South Korea

Clancy Philippe - Alumni Ambassador for Australia

Lives:
Melbourne

Studied:
BSc Civil Engineering, 1970

School:
School of Mathematics, Computer Science & Engineering

More about me on the City Alumni Ambassador website

clancy
         email logo LinkedIn logo twitter logo

Minhaz Ador - Alumni Ambassador for Bangladesh

Lives:
Dhaka

Studied:
MSc Economics, 2014

School:
School of Arts & Social Sciences

minhaz
                 email logo LinkedIn logo

Saumitra Sarder - Alumni Ambassador for Bangladesh

Lives:
Dhaka

Studied:
PG Dip BPTC, 2014

School:
The City Law School

saumitra
                      email logo

Zoey Jiang - Alumni Ambassador for China

Lives in:
Shanghai

Course:
MSc Real Estate Investment, 2014

Currently:
Analyst at Gaw Capital Partners

As Alumni Ambassador:
Please join the China alumni LinkedIn group where I will post details of the WeChat group I will be setting up, so that we can get together for drinks, meals and outings to events we all want to go and do together.

About me:
Bayes is a place full of challenges, the kind and professional teachers, nice classmates, exciting events and the opportunities all give me many great memories. The best is probably the great team work with real estate club students to prepare the Bayes Real Estate Conference.

I love nothing better than travelling around the world. I love both the natural scenery and cultural heritage, to experience and understand cultures and lifestyle in different parts of the world.

zoey
                 email logo

Joe (Chenxin) Qiao - Alumni Ambassador for China

Lives in:
Shanghai

Course:
MSc Finance, 2011.

Currently:
Investment Manager, Easyfund Investment Management LTD Shanghai

Previous roles:
General Manager, W&Q International Trading Limited Shanghai

As Alumni Ambassador:
I will be arranging networking drinks evenings as well as dinners, plus trips to cultural or sporting events. I plan to set up a facebook group for better networking and you can also join the China and Hong Kong Alumni Group on LinkedIn.

About me:
I'm completely thrilled that a post-production company I invested in contributed to the new Star Wars film. I love watching films, getting together with my friends for drinks, and photography, and I'm also pretty active - I like swimming and basketball. My favourite time at Bayes was gathering all my friends in the library to revise.

joe
       email logo Facebook logo instagram logo

Cindy Xue - Alumni Ambassador for China

Lives in:
Shanghai

Course:
MSc Real Estate Investment, 2013

Currently:
Associate Director, Investment at Fosun Property Holdings

As Alumni Ambassador:
Please get in contact with me if you are in or visiting Shanghai and also join the China & Hong Kong LinkedIn Group. I am planning to arrange networking drinks and dinners as well as group trips to events of interest.

cindy
                email logo

Damon Suo - Alumni Ambassador for China

Lives in:
Beijing

Course:
MSc Banking and International Finance, 2015

Current Company:
Fortune Fountain Capital

Previous Roles:
EY Advisory Company

As Alumni Ambassador:
I would like to help the office to hold some events for alumni to meet together every year, as this could improve the alumni relationship in China.

About me:
My favourite way to spend time off work is to study or meet with friends. On a quiet night in, I like to read or go to the gym. I also play basketball every weekend.

di
         email logo Wechatlogo

Jocelyn Xue - Alumni Ambassador for China

Lives in:
Beijing

Course:
MSc Banking and International Finance, 2009.

Currently:
Fixed Income Investments, Southwest Securities

Previous roles:
Analyst (Banking industry), Southwest Securities

As Alumni Ambassador:
I am looking to organise regular networking drinks evenings as well as set up a facebook group for networking. Join the Bayes & City China & Hong Kong LinkedIn Group as well.

About me:
I really enjoyed attending lectures at Bayes, and would love to come back! I'm very active and love dancing, swimming and yoga - and curling up with a book after! I love travel and also enjoy networking and am always happy to meet up, especially for a bite to eat - I like Chinese, Korean and fish and chips.

jocelyn
        email logo Wechatlogo LinkedIn logo

Michelle Liang - Alumni Ambassador for China

Lives:
Beijing

Studied:
MSc International Accounting & Finance, 2016

School:
Bayes Business School

Currently:
IDC Consulting & Business Analyst

As Alumni Ambassador:
I would like to share my experiences as a student at City University with prospective students, but also encourage business networking among alumni. I plan to coordinate events that will raise the profile of City, University of London to strengthen our professional network in China.

About me:
I love travelling, reading, photographing and wine tasting. I loved the international atmosphere of the Bayes community. The offer from Bayes was one of the best gifts I’ve ever received and I have really benefited a lot from the experience. I am passionate about businesses and communities as well as healthy lifestyle.

michelle
           email logo LinkedIn logo

Steven Zhao - Alumni Ambassador for China

Lives:
Shanghai

Studied:
Medical Informatics, 2000

School:
School of Health Sciences

steven
           email logo LinkedIn logo

Alan Lai - Alumni Ambassador for Hong Kong

Lives in:
Hong Kong

Course:
BSc Management, 2010.

Currently:
Research Analyst at MacroValue Investors Limited

Previous roles:
Private Equity Investment Analyst at Isola Capital Limited, Private Equity Investment Analyst at Palm Capital Asia Partners Limited, Corporate Finance Junior Consultant at BMI Consultants Limited, Marketing Assistant at Bayes Business School

As Alumni Ambassador:
I will be posting in Bayes & City China & Hong Kong LinkedIn Group and setting up a facebook page and WhatsApp group, so that I can organise networking drinks and trips to cultural and sporting events. Get in touch!

About me:
My best memory from Bayes is travelling with all my new friends to do the New Years Eve countdown in Paris! I love travelling, and would love to sail the world on a yacht. Usually, you'll find me meeting friends, running, boxing, sailing and enjoying seafood paella - not all at the same time though.

alan
       email logo Facebook logo LinkedIn logo

Jagmeet Makkar - Alumni Ambassador for Hong Kong

Lives in:
Hong Kong

Course:
MSc Energy, Trade and Finance, 2016

Currently:
Director, Pastiche Holdings Ltd. and Co-Founder & Director, SkillsPlus

Previous roles:
Co-Head of Chartering & Global Head of Shipping Assets, Noble Group (Oct'13 - Sept'15); Executive Vice-President, Noble Chartering Ltd. (Jan'07 - Sept' 13); Vice President (and various positions), KC Maritime Ltd. (Sept'90 - Jan'07)

As Alumni Ambassador:
I encourage you to attend networking events including those in association with selected professional institutes. Details of such events will be posted on the Hong Kong alumni LinkedIn group. Please join the Hong Kong alumni LinkedIn group and add me on WhatsApp, Facebook and LinkedIn using the links under my photo.

About me:
I love spending time with my family, hiking and playing golf, and you will often find me as the EmCee for balls and music events. I am passionate about coaching and mentoring and my favourite part of my time at Bayes was spending time with Prof. Grammenos.

jagmeet
email logo LinkedIn logo Facebook logo WhatsApp logo

Tanmay Kedia - Alumni Ambassador for India

Lives in:
Mumbai

Course:
MBA Finance & Strategy, 2004

Currently:
Managing Partner, V Capital Services

Previous roles:
Investment Manager, Avigo Capital Partners, Various Roles - Special Projects, Vedanta Resources PLC, Family Owned Business, Ajanta Paper & General Products Ltd.

As Alumni Ambassador:
I want to set up a WhatsApp group for alumni in the region, so please email me if you want to join it. I will also be arranging networking drinks and sit-down dinners so come along and meet up.

About me:
I really enjoyed being at Bayes, and have fond memories of the pub too! Nowadays, you're more likely to find me playing with my son and having dinner (Pani Puri is my favourite) and a movie with my wife. I also love travelling, reading and watching TV - lately I've been telling everyone to watch Suits and Homeland.

tanmay
            email logo LinkedIn logo

Abhishek Bajaj - Alumni Ambassador for India

Lives in:
Mumbai

Course:
MSc Management, 2004

Currently:
Consultant - Global Insurance Brokers Pvt Ltd

Previous roles:
Style Lab - Entrepreneur - Consulting

As Alumni Ambassador:
Bayes forges strong bonds and as an Alumni Ambassador, I would like to support fellow alumni through networking and social events. If you are travelling to Mumbai please connect with me and the other Alumni Ambassadors; we would love to host you.

About me:
I am passionate about constantly learning and meeting people from diverse aspects of life. 

tanmay
            email logo LinkedIn logo

Dr Vikas Gaur - Alumni Ambassador for India

Lives:
Jaipur

Studied:
MSc Health Informatics, 2009

School:
School of Health Sciences

vikas
          email logo LinkedIn logo

Dheeraj Jain - Alumni Ambassador for India

Lives:
Chandigarh

Studied:
LLM Criminal Litigation, 2004

School:
The City Law School

dheeraj
           email logo twitter logo

Usman Lodhi - Alumni Ambassador for Indonesia

Lives in:
Jakarta

Course:
Full-Time MBA, 2008

Currently:
Group Head Digital Strategy and Investments at Indosat Ooredoo

As Alumni Ambassador:
I will be arranging alumnmi networking meet-ups, both for a quick drink or two and for more formal sit-down dinners. Get in touch if you want to come along.

About me:
You will usually find me at home relaxing with my family, but I also love to travel. An ideal night in for me would be with a steak and House of Cards.

usman
                  email logo

Wijaya Surya - Alumni Ambassador for Indonesia

Lives in:
Jakarta

Course:
MSc Shipping, Trade and Finance, 1999

Currently:
Director of PT Bekasi Fajar Industrial Estate Tbk

As Alumni Ambassador:
I want to foster the alumni community in Indonesia through a LinkedIn group, arrange networking events, seminars and panel discussions and dinner meet-ups. In addition, I want to promote Bayes Business School in Indonesia and provide prospective and returning students a platform to engage alumni.

About me:
During my weekends I regularly paddle on the dragon boat and outrigger canoes. When I get some free time I enjoy the movies, hiking and catching up with friends over coffee.

wijaya
                       email logo

Rob Lucking - Alumni Ambassador for Japan

Lives in:
Tokyo

Course:
MSc Investment Management, 2004

Current Role:
Principal Consultant at Catalyst Development Ltd

Previous Roles:
Consultant, KPMG, Risk Manager, Barclays Bank, Head of Market Risk, EMEA, Newedge Group, Senior Risk Advisor, Ice Clear Europe

As Alumni Ambassador:
As an Alumni Ambassador, I want to arrange meet-ups for the alumni community in Japan.

About me:
I have spent many years working at various banks and brokers in London, and have been based in Tokyo for 5 years. I spend most of my free time with my family, but also like playing golf, rock climbing, and running. I also enjoy drinking wine, eating in the many fine restaurants in Tokyo, and watching movies.

rob
                  email logo

Chong Soon Yong - Alumni Ambassador for Malaysia

Lives in:
Cyberjaya

Course:
MBA International Business and Export Management, 1986

Currently:
Duospark Resources Sdn Bhd / Executive Directorl

Previous roles:
Country Head / Director, Quantiq International; Senior Company Officer, Malaysia and Brunei, Reuters Limited; Network Director, USANA Malaysia

As Alumni Ambassador:
As an Alumni Ambassador, I aim to start bridging skills and interest among Alumni members in the region, especially ASEAN countries. Please join the Malaysia alumni LinkedIn group or contact me by email so that we can connect.

About me:
I enjoy watching martial arts movies and performances, travelling and photography. I also like a quiet night reading or watching a good movie, especially if combined with a good dinner! My favourite memory from Bayes is enjoying drinks at the Barbican with friends.

chong soon
            email logo LinkedIn logo

Lee TJ - Alumni Ambassador for Malaysia

Lives:
Kuala Lumpur

Studied:
Bar Professional Training Course, 2015

School:
The City Law School

lee
            email logo LinkedIn logo

Carl Ricketts - Alumni Ambassador for Malaysia

Lives:
Penang

Studied:
BSc Economics (Hons), 1979

School:
School of Arts and Social Sciences

carl
            email logo LinkedIn logo

Tazkia Abbas - Alumni Ambassador for Pakistan

Lives in:
Islamabad

Course:
BSc (Hons) Management & MSc International Accounting and Finance, 2010

Currently:
Marketing & PR Manager, British Overseas School

Previous roles:
Manager, UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) - British Deputy High Commission, Associate at PwC, and British Council

As Alumni Ambassador:
I'll be organising drinks, dinners and other networking evenings, as well as pre-departure sessions for new students. Contact me if you would like to come along! I have set up a facebook group to facilitate networking.

Contact me if:
You want to join in any of our events, whether you're an alum or a prospective student. I'm happy to answer questions and offer mentoring and support.

tazkia
                   email logo

Fauzia Idrees Abro - Alumni Ambassador for Pakistan

Lives in:
Islamabad

Course:
PhD Information Security, 2018

Currently:
Currently working for the Pakistan Government.

As Alumni Ambassador:
As an Alumni Ambassador, I would like to bring together City alumni in Pakistan and organise an annual lunch/dinner for networking. I would also like to arrange talks and seminars at local schools and universities to promote City University and to help local students to get admission in the City University. I’m available for any support and mentoring.

fauzia
                   email logo

Mobeen Rana - Alumni Ambassador for Pakistan

Lives:
Lahore

Studied:
Bar Professional Training Course, 2015

School:
The City Law School

mobeen
              email logo twitter logo

Vishal Shamsi - Alumni Ambassador for Pakistan

Lives:
Karachi

Studied:
LLM in Professional Legal Skills 2015

School:
The City Law School

vishal
             email logo LinkedIn logo

Amit Alok - Alumni Ambassador for Singapore

Lives in:
Singapore

Course:
Executive MBA Finance & International Management, 1989

Currently:
Chairman/CEO, The Annix Group

Previous roles:
President/GM, London Stock Exchange Group (Millennium IT, Sri Lanka), MD, ECN, The Economist Group, Asia/Pacific, GM, Microsoft Services, Asia, VP, SYMANTEC, Asia/Pacific, SVP/Head of Risk Management, Reuters Asia/Pacific

As Alumni Ambassador:
I will be arranging a range of events, including networking drinks and sit-down dinners, as well as group trips to events - plus supporting the recruitment team by meeting prospective students and helping to arrange visits for academics. Please join the Singapore LinkedIn group.

About me:
I love to cook at every opportunity so at home I try and experiment (sometimes succesfully!) on my family and guests. I am also into Malt Whiskey - so I like to arrange vertical tastings with a group of colleagues and friends. I love gastronomic travel exploration and am currently in to food and music pairings. You might also find me watching Rugby Sevens, T20 Cricket and the Singapore Formula 1 night race, or out at music concerts.

At Bayes I did an Evening MBA so leisure time was in short supply! I have fond memories of our Feb87 intake coursework meetings in watering holes in and round the campus and of course the Bayes Dinners!

amit
           email logo LinkedIn logo

Zhi Rui Ang - Alumni Ambassador for Singapore

Lives in:
Singapore

Course:
MSc Mathematical Trading & Finance, 2008

Currently:
Chief Operating Officer at Cleartrade Exchange Pte Ltd

Previous roles:
Research & Marketing Associate at Freight Investor Services; Assistant Vice President (Operations) at Barclays Capital

As Alumni Ambassador:
Along with the other Singapore Ambassadors, I will be arranging networking drinks meet-ups. Please join us on the Singapore alumni LinkedIn group or get in touch with me using the links under my photo.

About me:
At Bayes I really enjoyed getting to know classmates from very different backgrounds and getting to interact with them on projects. I love travelling, spending time with my family, catching up with friends over drinks, going to see football matches and watching musicals.

zhirui
            email logo LinkedIn logo

HS (Hoo Seng) Teo - Alumni Ambassador for Singapore

Lives in:
Singapore

Course:
MSc Finance, 1978

Currently:
Business Adviser

Previous roles:
I have previously worked for Top Global Ltd and Eng Seng Group.

As Alumni Ambassador:
Please join the Singapore alumni LinkedIn group  for networking and social events. I also encourage our alumni to start up special interest groups on WhatsApp or Facebook to cultivate closer friendship.

About me:
I enjoy reading, singing, volunteering and getting together with friends and family. I like keep active by walking and swimming, and I love music and regularly attend music concerts.

hs
                 email logo

Punit Oza - Alumni Ambassador for Singapore

Lives in:
Singapore

Course:
MSc Shipping, Trade and Finance, 1998

Currently:
Vice President, Chartering - Klaveness Asia Pte Ltd

Previous roles:
Asst Vice President, Precious Shipping, Thailand; Asst Vice President, Noble Chartering, Hong Kong; Operations Manager, Astra Shipping, UAE; Operations Manager, Precious Shipping, Thailand

As Alumni Ambassador:
Along with the other Singapore Ambassadors I encourage you to join the Singapore alumni LinkedIn group where we will post details of events. I plan to arrange networking drinks and cultural outings.

About me:
I'm all about family, and I love spending time with them, and my friends. You will also find me playing golf and I am active in training and academic pursuits for research and teaching. My time at Bayes was great and I really enjoyed the whole atmosphere.

hs
             email logoWhatsApp logo

Hongbeom Park - Alumni Ambassador for South Korea

Lives in:
Seoul

Course:
MSc Shipping, Trade and Finance, 2016

Currently:
VesselsValue & Seasure Shipbroking / Korea Representative

Previous roles:
Hyundai Merchant Marine in Korea

As Alumni Ambassador:
I will do my utmost to promote the interaction among Korean alumni with the proud of graduating from City, University of London

About me:
After graduation from Bayes, I had worked in London with VesselsValue and Seasure Shipbroking. Afterwards I came back to Korea to open and manage the Korean subsidiary of above UK companies. I have accumulated leadership and communication skills through different leadership roles including Student Representative during undergraduate study and Course Representative during Master’s course at Bayes Business School.

amit
           email logo LinkedIn logo

Header image © Flickr user Craig Maccubbin