monument valley

Alumni Ambassadors - North and Central America

Canada | USA - Chicago | USA - East Coast | USA - Florida | USA - Washington D.C.|

USA - West Coast | Mexico | US Alumni Board

Roland Gemayel - Alumni Ambassador for Canada

Lives in:
Toronto

Course:
MSc Finance, 2011

Currently:
Recently completed PhD in Finance at King's College

Previous roles:
Research and Teaching assistant - King's College London; Sales Director - Brunel Shipping; Investment Consultant - ECE Capital; Enterprise Risk Services Consultant - Deloitte

As Alumni Ambassador:
I will be using the Canada alumni LinkedIn group and Canada alumni facebook group, so please join. I will arrange networking drinks so that we can all meet up and get to know each other.

About me:
I will always remember Bayes for the community feel it gave me by organizing events that ranged from guest lecturers to the many social events such as the masquerade ball in Café de Paris. In my spare time I like to get away from it all, especially on hiking trips away from the city's hustle and bustle, or binge-watching TV series like Game of Thrones. I've just moved to Canada so I need to spend some time learning about the local sports!

roland
      email logo LinkedIn logo Twitter logo

Tarun Khanna - Alumni Ambassador for Canada

Lives in:
Toronto

Course:
MSc Real Estate Investment, 2010

Current Role:
President, Khanna Investment Group

Previous Roles:
Associate Vice-President, Ambit Capital; Investment Adviser, Royal Bank of Canada; Investment Adviser, Bank of Montreal

As Alumni Ambassador:
I will be arranging networking events for local alumni such as seminars, drinks and dinners. Please join the Canada Alumni LinkedIn group or contact me directly to join in.

About me:
I loved the amazing faculty and the diverse student body at Bayes! I enjoy going to the gym, quiet meals out and going to watch the Blue Jays and the Toronto Maple Leafs with friends.

tarun
                       email logo

Husam Sha'ath - Alumni Ambassador for Canada

Lives in:
Toronto

Course:
MBA Engineering Management, 1991

Currently:
President, FORTE Management Consulting Inc. - a management consulting and training firm based in Toronto, but with global operations. I am also the Chair of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) Chapter Council at the Canadian Association of Management Consultants (CMC-Canada), and a member of a number of committees in that Association.

Previous roles:
A seasoned consultant, coach, instructor and practitioner in the fields of Strategic Management, Implementation Management, Corporate Transformations and Project & Program Management. Prior roles: Principal Consultant in Corporate and Operations Strategy with PricewaterhouseCoopers Consulting in Toronto.

As Alumni Ambassador:
Please join the Canada alumni LinkedIn group. I will be arranging networking drinks and other events, so feel free to connect with me, and advise me of your interests, so that we can schedule events that align with your expectations.

About me:
At Bayes I loved the mix of highly talented colleagues who came from all over the world ... and the proximity to the City, where all the action was! I enjoy mountain biking, swimming and music concerts, as well as staying in and reading a book, listening to soft music or looking for latest business and lifestyle trends – keeping abreast of trends is my passion!

husam
                    email logo LinkedIn logo

Anne Frost - Alumni Ambassador for Canada

Lives:
Toronto

Studied:
MA Arts Admin, 1999

School:
School of Arts & Social Sciences

More about me on the City Alumni Ambassador website

ann

email logo LinkedIn logo

Ahou Hamedani - Alumni Ambassador for Canada

Lives:
Toronto

Studied:
LLB Law, 2015

School:
The City Law School

ahou
                   email logo LinkedIn logo

Alex Kitz - Alumni Ambassador for Canada

Lives:
Toronto

Studied:
LLB, 2011

School:
The City Law School

alex
                     email logo

Denys Volkov - Alumni Ambassador for Canada

Lives:
Winnipeg

Studied:
BA Business with Cultural Studies, 2003

School:
School of Arts & Social Sciences

denys
               email logo LinkedIn logo

Leyla Abdullaeva - Alumni Ambassador for USA (Chicago)

Lives in:
Chicago

Course:
MSc International Business Economics, 2013

Current Role:
McDonald's Corporation - Global Supply Chain Supervisor

Previous Roles:
Equipment Sourcing Analyst - McDonald's Corporation; Account Executive - Damco, AP Moller Maersk Group

As Alumni Ambassador:
I am passionate about constantly learning something new in different fields of interest, huge advocate for women in business and diversity. In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my family, play tennis, read books, and plan our family travel adventures.

As an Alumni Ambassador, I will be contributing towards promoting City University in Chicago/Mid-West Region by organizing networking events. I am looking forward to meet new and old friends here in Chicago!

leyla
           email logo LinkedIn logo

Evan Stisser - Alumni Ambassador for USA - East Coast

Lives in:
New Jersey

Course:
MBA, 2012

About me:
From my time at Bayes I will always remember the feeling of accomplishment when my team finished delivering our strategy project presentation. It was a challenging and stressful process, but the outcome was some of my best work on the program. I'm a fan of Major League Soccer and you will find me online commenting on marketing trends and politics.

As an Alumni Ambassador, I aim to raise awareness and interest in City and Bayes with prospective students and help to broaden our alumni network in the USA.

evan
         email logo LinkedIn logo

Kate Bennett - Alumni Ambassador for USA - East Coast

Lives in:
New York

Course:
Full-Time MBA, 2014

Currently:
Account Manager at an adtech startup

Previously:
Chief of Staff, LaForce

As Alumni Ambassador:
You can join the USA Alumni LinkedIn Group to start networking with fellow alumni. I will also be setting up a facebook group - we will be meeting for networking drinks throughout the year, so contact me and join in.

About me:
The best part about coming to Bayes was all the friends I made. I love meeting up with my friends and family, travelling and having adventures. In my down-time I like to watch movies as well as basketball and soccer games. If I get the chance I like nothing better than to eat cookies for dinner!

kate
  email logo instagram logo twitter logo

Jessamy Little - Alumni Ambassador for USA - East Coast

Lives in:
New York

Course:
MBA, 2014

Currently:
Consultant, Coach, Speaker, Writer, & Business Owner

Previous roles:
My professional experience spans the education, health, media and entertainment, financial services, and Non-Profit industries.

As Alumni Ambassador:
I so look forward to meeting new and old friends at Bayes Alumni events in NYC. With my fellow NYC ambassadors, I will be organizing networking drinks, meet-ups, and social events. Please join the USA Alumni LinkedIn Group.

About me:
I manage my own consulting business creating wellness programs so clients will achieve their desired goals in areas such as nutrition, fitness, work-life balance, stress management, financial savvy, and spirituality. In addition, I advise companies and small business owners on business strategy, marketing and branding efforts, and business development initiatives. I am also a passionate writer and speaker on topics of well-being for companies, wellness media publications, and social media platforms.

I am a long-distance runner with highlights including the London Marathon in 2014, NYRR 9+1 in 2016, as well as several other racing events over the past 7+ years both in the US and the UK. I am an NPC fitness competitor, including competitions in 2013 and 2014. I teach ballroom dancing and received my training from Arthur Murray Studios. In addition, I practice ballet, yoga, and pilates.

jessamy
email logo LinkedIn logo 

Dr Derek Cousins - Alumni Ambassador for USA

Lives:
Florida

Studied:
Optometry, 1959

School:
School of Health Sciences

derek
                     email logo

Kaitlin Dunning - Alumni Ambassador for Washington D.C., USA

Lives:
Washingto, D.C.

Studied:
Transnational Media and Globalisation, 2015

School:
School of Arts and Social Sciences

kaitlin
                     email logo

Giorgo Paizanis - Alumni Ambassador for USA West Coast

Lives in:
Redondo Beach, Los Angeles

Course:
Executive MBA, 2016

Current Role:
Elisa, Director of Corporate Development

Previous Roles:
VP & Managing Director, Sulake; Senior Manager User Acquisition, Sulake; New York Food Company, Sales & Marketing Manager

About me:
I'm a Dual National and I have worked in various industries from hospitality to video games and media. In my free time, I love to read books, travel and practice photography.

As Alumni Ambassador:
I met so many smart and talented people and made good friends at Bayes. Now that I'm back in Los Angeles, I aim to build the Alumni Network for City University London on the West Coast of USA.

giorgo
       email logo LinkedIn logo

Ricky Platt - Alumni Ambassador for USA - West Coast

Lives in:
San Francisco

Course:
Executive MBA, 2009.

Currently:
Portfolio Analyst

As Alumni Ambassador:
Helping to support fellow alumni in San Francisco and the broader Bay area, through educational, networking and social events. Please join the USA Alumni LinkedIn Group to stay in touch with all the latest news.

ricky
                      email logo

Valentina Garcia-Estrada - Alumni Ambassador for Mexico

Lives in:
Mexico

Course:
MSc in Insurance and Risk Management, 2016

Current Role:
Client Manager

As Alumni Ambassador:
I will be organising networking drinks and/or meet-ups with the objective of creating a Mexican alumni community. Please join the Mexico alumni LinkedIn group.

About me:
I love sports and try to attend tennis, basketball and/or football matches whenever I can.

valentina
                          email logo

Header image © Flickr user Moyan Brenn