florence panorama

Alumni Ambassadors - Europe & Middle East

Albania | Austria | Azerbaijan | Bahrain | Belgium | Cyprus | Finland | Georgia | Germany | Greece | Italy | Jordan | Kazakhstan | Kuwait | Lebanon | Luxembourg | Norway | Oman | Portugal | Palestine | Qatar | Russia | Spain | Saudi Arabia | Switzerland | Turkey | United Arab Emirates | United Kingdom

MENA Alumni Board and Ambassadors

Gjergji Hamiti - Alumni Ambassador for Albania

Lives:
Tirana

Studied:
MA Political Communication, 2012

School:
School of Arts and Social Sciences

More about me on the City Alumni Ambassador website

gjergji
                     email logo

Daniela Haberz - Alumni Ambassador for Austria

Lives:
Graz

Studied:
MA Museum and Gallery Management, 2001

School:
School of Arts & Social Sciences

daniela
                   email logo

Farida Fataliyeva - Alumni Ambassador for Azerbaijan

Lives:
Baku

Studied:
LLM Law, 2008

School:
The City Law School

farida
                email logo LinkedIn logo

Ayman Gadallah - Alumni Ambassador for Bahrain

Lives in:
Manama

Course:
Executive MBA, 2018

Current Role:
Manager – Corporate Finance and Real Estate at Securities & Investment Company (SICO), Bahrain

Previous Roles:
Associate – Investment Banking/Private Equity at The First Investor (TFI), Doha, Qatar'; Senior Financial Analyst – Investment Banking at Prime Holding, Cairo, Egypt; Junior Consultant at AFB Consulting, Cairo, Egypt

About me:
I had a great time at Bayes, particularly the first outing with my cohort. It was so much fun to get to know my colleagues more on a personal level! I am a dynamic and accomplished Investment Banking/Private Equity Manager. I have over ten years of experience in the financial services industry in the MENA region with a successful track record of IPOs deals, debt issuances, and M&A transactions.

As Alumni Ambassador:
As an Alumni Ambassador, I will work with my fellow alumni members to organize events and gatherings to build a solid Bayes alumni community in Bahrain and to increase our professional network in Bahrain and the GCC region. We shall work together to promote and enhance the brand value of City, University of London and Bayes Business School which shall, in turn, reflect positively on our profiles and future career opportunities. Additionally, I am more than happy to connect with any prospective students and share with them my EBMA experience and answer any questions that they may have.

ayman
            email logo LinkedIn logo

Yamil Santiago - Alumni Ambassador for Bahrain

Lives in:
Saar

Course:
Executive MBA Entrepreneurship, 2012

Current Role:
International Hotels Bahrain, Director

Previous Roles:
Director, Al Noor Co. W.L.L.; Board Member & Chairman, Tourism Services Co.; Chairman, NHSC Bahrain; Geschäftsführer,Galerie Design Hotel GmbH; Executive Committee Member, BIGCC; Director of Finance, Blue Star Golf LLC; Assistance Director of Finance, Starwood Hotels

About me:
I’m a family man with very active sons. In my spare time I like to visit art festivals, ew restaurants, race track events in Bahrain, participating in Golf events and Bahrain Spring Of Culture. I also love to support my home country of Puerto Rico.

As Alumni Ambassador:
My first priority would be to organize events for networking with fellow alumni, followed by events to attract graduates and future prospects. Thirdly I would like to organize the first Bayes Business School Golf Invitational.

yamil
         email logo instagram logo

Archish Mittal - Alumni Ambassador for Belgium

Lives in:
Brussels

Course:
BSc Investment and Financial Risk Management, 2015

Currently:
Business Development Analyst, Educomp

As Alumni Ambassador:
I will be arranging meetups, both for drinks and for dinners, so please get in touch and come along to meet your fellow alumni.

About me:
I love travelling, and try to do as much as possible, but when I'm at home I like nothing better than to watch some Netflix - I'm currently recommending Narcos! I also enjoy music concerts, and my piano is one of my most treasured possessions. My favourite memory from Bayes is of both the first and the last day at the Saddlers Bar.

archish
               email logo LinkedIn logo

Marianna Fournari - Alumni Ambassador for Cyprus

Lives:
Limassol

Studied:
LLM International Commercial Law with Spec. in Maritime Law, 2013

School:
The City Law School

Also, don’t forget to join the Cyprus Alumni - City, University of London & Bayes Business School Facebook group to connect online with your alma matter in the region.

marianna
                      email logo

Kemal Ozturna - Alumni Ambassador for Cyprus

Lives:
Nicosia

Studied:
PG Cert Biomedical Engineering with Healthcare Technology Management, 2014

School:
School of Mathematics, Computer Science & Engineering

kemal
          email logo LinkedIn logo

Joel Hujala - Alumni Ambassador for Finland

Lives:
Jyväskylä

Studied:
MSc Information Systems and Technology, 2004

School:

joel
              email logo LinkedIn logo

Givi Giorgadze - Alumni Ambassador Georgia

Lives in:
Tbilisi

Course:
MSc in Finance and Investment, 2013

Currently:
Associate Partner at GEC Corporation and Business Analyst at Georgia Investors Council

Previous roles:
Deputy Head of Investment Management at Bank of Georgia; Head of Private Banking at Bank of Georgia; Head of Customer Relations at Energo-Pro Georgia; Head of Corporate Sales at Insurance Company BCI

As Alumni Ambassador:
I will be organising networking drinks meet-ups.

givi
              email logo LinkedIn logo

Konrad Kleinfeld - Alumni Ambassador for Germany

Lives in:
Frankfurt Am Main

Course:
Modular Executive MBA, 2010

Currently:
Vice President, ETF & Index Investing, BlackRock

As Alumni Ambassador:
I plan to organise regular meet-ups, both for quick drinks and for sit-down dinners. Please join the Bayes Alumni Germany LinkedIn Group.

konrad
                   email logo

Alexander Paul Wallot - Alumni Ambassador for Germany

Lives in:
Hamburg

Course:
MSc Management, 2014

Currently:
Assistant Manager, KPMG Deal Advisory, Strategy

As Alumni Ambassador:
I travel frequently inside and outside of Germany and will be using the Germany alumni LinkedIn group to arrange networking drinks, dinners and other events where we can meet up. Please get in touch!!

About me:
I'm very active, love travel, and classic literature. My most recent travels included backpacking through South East Asia and South America. I enjoy winter sports, sailing, and hunting.

alexander
    email logo LinkedIn logo web logo

Yannis Criticos - Alumni Ambassador for Greece

Lives in:
Athens

Course:
MBA, 1983

Currently:
Executive Advisor to the Board/Shipping Company

Previous roles:
Advisor to Minister of Shipping, Greece; Group CFO and Board Member, Attica Group

As Alumni Ambassador:
To facilitate networking between local alumni I will be arranging networking evenings, both for drinks and for dinners. You can join the Greece and Cyprus Alumni LinkedIn Group and please also get in touch personally!

About me:
When I was at Bayes I really loved commuting to the City every morning. I spend my time playing golf, watching sport and going out to classical music concerts - and I love the weather in Greece!

yannis
                  email logo

Zefi Karakatsani - Alumni Ambassador for Greece

Lives in:
Piraeus

Course:
MSc Finance, 2006

Currently:
Iatriki Diagnosi Ltd - Logistics Director - Member of the Management Board

Previous roles:
Iatriki Diagnosi - Finance Director; Commerzbank AG, London - Fund Derivatives trader; HSBC Investment Bank, UK - Trade support Analyst

As Alumni Ambassador:
I will be arranging networking drinks and dinners, so please join the Greece and Cyprus Alumni LinkedIn group for all the latest news, and feel free to contact me!

About me:
I love travelling, art exhibitions and theatrical plays and on quiet nights in you will find me watching movies with my husband, accompanied by a glass of nice wine. I had such a fun time at Bayes, both in and out of the classroom.

zefi
                email logo LinkedIn logo

Maria Mavroudi - Alumni Ambassador for Greece

Lives in:
Athens

Course:
MSc Shipping, Trade & Finance, 2007 and LLM Maritime Law, 2015

Current Role:
Searock Marine Insurance Brokers - Marine Insurance Broker

Previous Roles:
Triple “A” Marine Risks Ltd. - Marine Insurance Broker; Seascope Hellas S.A. - Business Development Manager; Charles Taylor Adjusting - Average adjuster; Charles Taylor - Standard P&I Club-Claims executive; SCB Hellas - American P&I Club-Business Development Manager; Marsh Greece - Marine Manager

About me:
I am an experienced Marine Insurance Professional with over 11 year's experience in the Shipping Industry. I really enjoyed Professor Costas Gramennos's lectures at Bayes and visit my home island of Astypalea whenever I can.

As Alumni Ambassador:
I would like to share my experiences as a student at City University with prospective students, but also encourage business networking among alumni. I plan to coordinate events that will raise the profile of City, University of London to strengthen our professional network in Greece and make us an industry voice in the Greek Shipping Industry.

mariamav
      email logo LinkedIn logo

George Politis - Alumni Ambassador for Greece

Lives in:
Athens

Course:
MSc Shipping, Trade & Finance, 1997

Current Role:
CEO, Capital Securities SA

Previous Roles:
CEO, Ithaca Group, Seafood Production/Processing/Distribution Group of Companies; CEO, ANPO Group, Tramp Ship Management/Bunkering/Shiphandling/Engine Overhauling/Software Development Group of Companies

As Alumni Ambassador:
I will be arranging networking drinks meet-ups, and working with the other Greece Ambassadors to grow the alumni community. Contact me to join our Facebook and LinkedIn groups.

About me:
I enjoy travel, walking, swimming, and going out partying and on quiet nights in I enjoy poker and romantic comedies. You will sometimes find me at Olympiacos European matches and I also go to the Athens Festival and West End shows.

George
            email logo LinkedIn logo

Dimitrios Arvanitis - Alumni Ambassador for Greece

Lives in:
Athens

Course:
LLM in International Energy Law, 2012; PhD Law Research Programme, 2017

Current Role:
Lawyer, Hellenic Hydrocarbons Resources Management S.A

Previous Roles:
Public Power Corporation SA

As Alumni Ambassador:
I believe firmly that the already vibrant City alumni community in Greece has great potential. Many of the core academic strengths of City are Greece’s competitive advantages, with the shipping sector being the most obvious one – but not the only one. I look forward to liaising with other alumni and be of assistance to young City graduates in their first - and most difficult - professional steps.

About me:
I hold an LL.M and Ph.D in Energy Law from the City Law School. During my five-year stay in London I received a lot of support from the enthusiastic staff of City, University of London. From my supervisor to the administration staff, my student experience has always been great and quite helpful for my studies. 

Dimitrios
            email logo LinkedIn logo

Ekaterini Glynou - Alumni Ambassador for Greece

Lives:
Kifissia

Studied:
Mathematical Science, 1993 & Advanced Social Research Methods, 1996

School:
School of Mathematics, Computer Science & Engineering and School of Arts & Social Sciences

ekaterini
        email logo LinkedIn logo

Panos Katsaras - Alumni Ambassador for Greece

Lives:
Athens

Studied:
MA Political Journalism, 2011

School:

panos
         email logo LinkedIn logo

Angeliki Kavouriari - Alumni Ambassador for Greece

Lives:
Athens

Studied:
LLM Maritime Law, 2016

School:
The City Law School

angeliki
            email logo LinkedIn logo

Panagiotis Nikolaou - Alumni Ambassador for Greece

Lives:
Athens

Studied:
MSc Business Systems Analysis and Design, 2009

School:

Panayiotis
             email logo LinkedIn logo

Maria Repouskou - Alumni Ambassador for Greece

Lives:
Athens

Studied:
MA Global Migration, 2012

School:

maria
       email logo LinkedIn logo twitter logo

Xenia Paschopoulou - Alumni Ambassador for Greece

Lives in:
Athens

Course:
MSc Organisational Behaviour, 1998

Currently:
Career Management Advisor and Head Hunter

As Alumni Ambassador:
I wish to be useful in the alumni communities I am involved in, and I consider them an excellent pathway for mutually beneficiary actions. Counselling work and idea generation for thematic events are two areas I can contribute to through my ambassador role.

About me:
I am an active professional in the HR field. Working with people makes me better in my personal and professional life. Supporting people in their professional strivings – which is my main professional focus – requires an active network to tap on for their benefit.

xenia
         email logo LinkedIn logo Facebook logo

Paraskevi Trikalopoulou - Alumni Ambassador for Greece

Lives:
Piraeus

Studied:
LLM Maritime Law, 2017

School:
The City Law School

paraskevi

Leonardo Noci - Alumni Ambassador for Italy

Lives in:
Milan

Course:
Executive MBA, 2011.

Currently:
Partner at Tantum Group, Management Consulting

Previous roles:
Start Up & Funding Consultant - M&A Advisor, Founder Partner and CEO at Quid Production, Director of Marketing and Communications at DialogoTV, CEO - Director of Marketing and Communications V.A.I., Chief Operating Officer at McPost

As Alumni Ambassador:
I plan to arrange regular meet-ups in a variety of formats - networking drinks, sit-down dinners and trips to cultural or sporting events, so if you've got an idea, get in touch! I'll be creating a facebook group and you can also join the Bayes Italian Alumni Group.

About me:
I rarely have a quiet night in - I prefer to be meeting new people and going new places. I spend my time visiting museums and exhibitions, seeing classical and rock music concerts, and hiking - but I also love a quiet evening watching Shark Tank (the US version of Dragons' Den). I'm fanatical about espresso coffee in a small white cup and the Bayes Cafe shop hated me for my "nonconforming" requests!

leonardo
          email logo LinkedIn logo

Michele Raris - Alumni Ambassador for Italy

Lives in:
Milan

Course:
Executive MBA, 1999

Currently:
Head of Strategic Initiatives & Country Advisory at Intesta Sanpaolo - International Banks Division

Previous roles:
CEO of a Bank in Ukraine, Head of CIS region, Head of Market Analysis, Financial Controller, CEO of IMI Web UK (now Halifax's IWeb Sharedealing), COO of Banca IMI London Branch, Worked in Luxembourg, UK, Italy and Ukraine

As Alumni Ambassador:
Please join the Italian Alumni LinkedIn Group. I will be arranging networking drinks and sharing experiences as well as facilitating the Bayes Masterclasses, so please contact me if you want to meet up or join in.

About me:
My time at Bayes was challenging and fun - getting lost in the Barbican maze is a fond memory! If my house was burning down my Bayes MBA diploma would be the thing I would want to save :) I'm still a keen learner, and I also enjoy skiing in the Dolomites, being up to date about the digital world but also about real stuff like good food and wine. My current favourite food is seafood from the Adriatic sea and Tuscan steak

michele
       email logo Facebook logo LinkedIn logo

Carla Buzzo - Alumni Ambassador for Italy

Lives:
Genoa

Studied:
BSc Economics, 2017

School:

carla
                   email logo

Giordano Gomato - Alumni Ambassador for Italy

Lives:
Rome

Studied:
MA Global Political Economy, 2013

School:

giordano
               email logo twitter logo

Martina Cassani - Alumni Ambassador for Italy

Lives:
Milano

Studied:
BSc Business Studies, 2009

Current Role:
NPL Advisory at Yard Spa

Previous Roles:
Associate at Resolute Asset Management

About me:
I loved the international atmosphere of the Bayes community and, although I have recently moved back to Italy, I still have very good friends from university in London. I would love to help recreate that in a smaller format in Milan by becoming an Alumni Ambassador.

As Alumni Ambassador:
I would like to liaise with the other ambassadors in Milan to organise more networking events and be a point of contact for any student/alumnus who would like any support in Italy.

martina
               email logo LinkedIn logo

Omar Hazineh - Alumni Ambassador for Jordan

Lives in:
Amman

Course:
Executive MBA, 2010

Current Role:
Self Employed

Previous Roles:
Bartercard Jordan 2001-2006 (various roles, most recent was Brokerage Manager); Winter Valley Tourism Investment Company PLC, General Manager from 2006-2013; Winter Valley Warwick Resort and Spa Dead Sea, 2013-2015, Resort Manager; Ramada Resort Dead Sea (rebranding of previous hotel), 2015-2017, Resort Manager

About me:
I like to spend time with my kids, go to the gym, and appreciate art. My favourite memory from Bayes is when I invited one of the VPs from Yahoo to give a speech at an event, resulting in the largest event turnout at the time.

As Alumni Ambassador:
I am very open to meeting new people, and getting people together. I hope to properly represent Jordan alumni in order to be able to raise awareness of the university in the local market, in addition to getting people together for networking opportunities both in Jordan and the MENA region.

omar
                 email logo

Moutasem Bitar - Alumni Ambassador for Jordan

Studied:
BEng Hons Engineering with Management & Entrepreneurship, 2014

School:

moutasem
           email logo LinkedIn logo

Azat Abdibekov - Alumni Ambassador for Kazakhstan

Lives in:
Astana

Course:
MSc Energy, Trade & Finance, 2013

Currently:
Contracting & Procurement Analyst at Shell Kazakhstan Development B.V.

Previous roles:
Various roles in Royal Dutch Shell plc group

As Alumni Ambassador:
I plan to arrange networking drinks meet-ups, so please contact me for more information. I will also be setting up other ways for us to stay in touch.

About me:
One of my hobbies is giving lectures at university and during the time off work I try to find topics for discussions that would be interesting to students.

azat
                    email logo

Dinara Saruar - Alumni Ambassador for Kazakhstan

Lives:
Aksay

Studied:
BA Journalism, 2011

School:

dinara

Basma Akbar - Alumni Ambassador for Kuwait

Lives:
Kuwait City

Studied:
MSc Banking and International Finance, 2013

Current Role:
Senior Financial Analyst, Capital Markets Authority Kuwait

About me:

I have been working at the Capital Markets Authority – State of Kuwait, for the past 5 years. I am Chief Financial Analyst, serving at the Corporate Finance & Governance Department, Supervision Sector. As Alumni Ambassador for Kuwait, I have the passion to serve Bayes Business School, through introducing my experience and involvement in the Bayes community to potential Kuwaiti students. I would also like Bayes to have more exposure on the region’s potentials and hidden student capacities, as to invest in them in future.

During years of study, Bayes has been good to us in terms of teaching, as well as student life. It has given us a wide door of opportunities to partake in, and has connected us to the most diverse network of student relations.

As Alumni Ambassador:
My vision as a Kuwaiti Alumni Ambassador is to publicize the pride we have in this world-class institute, its learning resources, prime location, respected faculty, and most importantly its gratified Alumni. This I believe in turn shall reflect on Bayes’s diverse community of students and its faculty members, having more exposure and open channels with the GCC Region. As Ambassador, my mission is to start Alumni events in Kuwait, have Bayes’s involvement in Academic Expos, as well as show-case Bayes Business School’s achievements and networks through as many events in Kuwait as possible

basma

Brahim Najem - Alumni Ambassador for Lebanon

Lives:
Beirut

Studied:
MA Global Political Economy, 2015

School:

brahim

Tursun Aitbaeva - Alumni Ambassador for Luxembourg

Lives in:
Luxembourg

Course:
MSc Energy, Trade and Finance, 2015

Currently:
Director of Energy and Procurement at Consolidated Equipment

Previous roles:
Country manager for an AIM listed mining company

As Alumni Ambassador:
I will be arranging sports and cultural evenings, networking and most of all promoting Bayes in Luxembourg. If you are planning to visit Luxembourg, please contact me via LinkedIn.

tursun
               email logo LinkedIn logo

Kasper Hellberg - Alumni Ambassador for Norway

Lives in:
Oslo

Course:
BSc (Hons) Investment and Financial Risk Management, 2012

Currently:
MBA 2019 at London Business School

As Alumni Ambassador:
I want to connect Bayes Alumni in order for them to expand their networks and easier find new and exciting career opportunities. Events and get-togethers will be arranged and announced via LinkedIn and Facebook. Looking forward to meeting you!

kasper
                    email logo

Syed Ali Naveed Arshad - Alumni Ambassador for Oman and UAE

Lives:
Dubai

Studied:
BVC, 2006

School:
The City Law School

syed
               email logo LinkedIn logo

Duarte d'Eça Leal - Alumni Ambassador for Portugal

Lives in:
Lisbon

Course:
MEB Business Studies, 2008

Current Role:
Founder of The Independente Collective & REBEL

About me:
Having spent nearly ten years abroad, mostly in England, I returned to Portugal in 2009 to embark on an entrepreneurial journey focused on the hospitality industry.

As family venture of four brothers I was an integral part in developing a small network of out-of-the box operations - from hostels to guesthouses to quirky and trendy restaurants. Under the name of The Independente Collective, the umbrella brand, we strive to grow our vision into a nationwide household name as well as an international benchmark.

Early 2016 I co-founded a co-living venture, REBEL, which later that year prototyped the concept with great success. The company is currently engaged in establishing itself as the leading brand of the sector in Portugal with several projects in different stages of development. I have also been focused in supporting local startups through several mentorship programmes having more recently been invited to a permanent mentor and jury role with Startup Lisbon - one of the most exciting accelerator programmes in Portugal.

As Alumni Ambassador:
I will be looking to strengthen the local City University Community network. Contact me to join in!

duarte
                 email logo

Jafar Masri - Alumni Ambassador for Palestine

Lives:
Palestine

Studied:
MSc Automotive Engineering, 2015

School:

jafar
                email logo LinkedIn logo

Mahmoud Barraj - Alumni Ambassador for Qatar

Lives in:
Doha

Course:
Executive MBA, 2015

Current Role:
Outreach Consultant at Qatar Foundation

Previous Roles:
Senior planner at Impact BBDO; Country Director at Publicis/ZenithOptimedia

As Alumni Ambassador:
I will be planning meet-ups and other events where we can get together, as well as online networking through WhatsApp and other groups. Email me to be added.

About me:
I will never forget the great vibe of my first day at Bayes! I don't get much downtime, with long work hours, studying for my doctorate degree, and kids to organise but if I get some time I love a family outing.

mahmoud
                       email logo

Bobby Agha - Alumni Ambassador for Qatar

Lives in:
Doha

Course:
Executive MBA, 2009

Current Role:
Qatar Financial Centre

As Alumni Ambassador:
I am looking to bring the City and Bayes communities together on a regular basis in Qatar and aid in professional networking, as well as assisting visiting alumni and faculty or those who may be interested in finding out more about working in Qatar.

bobby
                 email logo

Ayseba Umutlu - Alumni Ambassador for Qatar

Lives in:
Doha

Course:
MA International Politics and Human Rights, 2013

Current Role:
Interview Producer at Al Jazeera English TV channel
Qatar Chapter President for Middle East Leadership Academy.

As Alumni Ambassador:
I, with my fellow ambassadors in Qatar, organise reunions of City, University London and Bayes Business School graduates.

We are always looking for new people from the University to be involved in our community in Doha. If any alumni are interested in connecting with us, we will take your details and add them to our WhatsApp group and introduce them to our other members. 

At least twice a year, we organise social events. Most of our gatherings are to help alumni network and keep our University spirit alive in this region. 

Organising City and Bayes regional reunions is one of my goals. If you are also in MENA or GCC lets do it together!

About me:
I have been a journalist at Al Jazeera English for over five years now. Currently organising interviews with analysts, politicians, with the representatives of international organisations and with people on the ground. Before Joining Al Jazeera Media Network, I worked as a reporter, presenter for several Local Azerbaijani TV channels and International Media outlets. 

Helping others makes me one of the happiest people in the world, so if I can be of any help with my experiences, with my support, please don't hesitate to reach out to me regardless of your location. 

Under the umbrella of City, University London and Bayes Business School, we are one family, no matter where we go, we will find each other. 

ayseba
                          email logo

Osama Javaid - Alumni Ambassador for Qatar

Lives:
Doha

Studied:
PG Dip Television Current Affairs Journalism, 2005

School:

osama
email logo LinkedIn logo twitter logo website logo

Anton Samoylenko - Alumni Ambassador for Russia

Lives in:
Moscow

Course:
MSc Management, 2012

Currently:
Deputy Chairman, Siberian Alliance Group, Moscow, Russia & Co-Chairman of the Presidium of National Foundation Public Recognition, Moscow, Russia

Previous roles:
Deputy Head of Russia and CIS, New Century Media Ltd, London, United Kingdom, Director of International Business Center VP35, Moscow, Russia

As Alumni Ambassador:
I will be arranging networking events, business meetings with graduates, round tables, countryside gatherings, and managing the social media profiles for Bayes Alumni in Russia.

About me:
I love to travel and at Bayes I really enjoyed both the people and atmosphere. I am passionate about businesses and communities as well as healthy lifestyle. In my spare time I love to get together with friends!

anton
                          email logo

Maxim Sychev - Alumni Ambassador for Russia

Lives in:
Moscow

Course:
EMBA, 2010

Current Role:
Digital Strategist at sovsport.ru

Previous Roles:
NDN Advisers; EY; Gryphon IB

As Alumni Ambassador:
I enjoy being part of Bayes community. Getting together with fellow alumni is an excellent way to meet old friends and to expand professional and social network.

maxim
        email logo Facebook logo LinkedIn logo

Torky AlSajjan - Alumni Ambassador for Saudi Arabia

Lives in:
Riyadh

Course:
Executive MBA, 2017

Current Role:
Head of Sales Excellence & Strategy, Tawuniya

As Alumni Ambassador:
As an Alumni Ambassador, I will work with fellow Almuni members to expand our professional network across Saudi Arabia and the GCC by helping to organize local Alumni events and meet-ups.

I will also be glad to connect to current and prospect students and share with them my EMBA experience and answer any questions about EMBA coursework in core modules and electives as well.

This year, I have been appointed by the British Council in Saudi Arabia as the Co-chair for the recently formed Saudi-UK Alumni Board. The Board will be driving initiatives towards increasing the social & cultural impact of Saudi based UK alumni from all universities, and foster collaboration opportunities among them through various networking events and through partnerships with public and the private sector in Saudi Arabia.

torky
               email logo

Luis Ángel Vázquez - Alumni Ambassador for Spain

Lives:
Mieres

Studied:
MSc Information Systems & Technology, 2006

School:

luis

Amrit Sohal - Alumni Ambassador for Switzerland

Lives in:
Zurich

Course:
BSc Investment & Financial Risk Management, 2008

Currently:
Relationship Manager at Habib Bank AG Zurich

Previous roles:
Securities Lending Analyst - Deutsche Bank; Business Development Manager - ICICI Bank; Relationship Manager - Habib Bank AG Zurich

As Alumni Ambassador:
I will be working with the other Switzerland ambassadors, and plan to arrange networking drinks and meals. Please contact me and join the Switzerland alumni LinkedIn group.

About me:
I met a great network of international friends when I studied at Bayes. I love to travel and play sports - I play for my local cricket team, as well as cooking and watching films. My favourite meal is green beans and beef stir fry. If I could, I would live in the 7* Burj al Arab Jumeirah Resort!

amrit
                  email logo LinkedIn logo

Anastasia Orlova-Sitdikova - Alumni Ambassador for Switzerland

Lives in:
Geneva

Course:
MSc Finance and Investment, 2010

Currently:
Relationship Manager at CIM Banque. Orlova Studio

Previous roles:
Sales at GFT Global Markets, Analyst at KPMG

As Alumni Ambassador:
Alongside the other Switzerland ambassadors, I plan to arrange social gatherings and help local alumni keep in touch. Please contact me and join the Switzerland alumni LinkedIn group.

About me:
I am in banking and theatre events organisation. In my spare time, I like to attend theatre events, travel, spend time with my family and visit cultural events.

anastasia

Samuel Lieberherr - Alumni Ambassador for Switzerland

Lives in:
Zurich

Course:
MBA, 2013

Currently:
Lawyer with Walder Wyss Attorney at Law

Previous roles:
Lawyer in other major law firm in Zurich, Law Clerk at the District Court of Meilen, Trainee in a law firm in the Channel Islands

As Alumni Ambassador:
I will be working with the other Switzerland Ambassadors to arrange drinks, dinners and alumni trips to local events. Join us on the Switzerland alumni LinkedIn group and come along to our next meet-up.

About me:
I play Handball and occasionally attend Football matches. On weekends, I enjoy both spending quiet nights in with my family as well as having occasional nights out. As a member of the Kunsthaus Musuem I often go the their exhibitions.

samuel
                  email logo website logo

Sandra Smolikova - Alumni Ambassador for Switzerland

Lives in:
Geneva

Course:
MSc Banking and International Finance, 2009

Currently:
Relationship Manager Assistant, CIM Banque SA Geneve

Previous roles:
Commodities Middle Office, Standard Chartered Bank, Singapore; Operational Client relationship Management Analyst, Morgan Stanley, London; Listed Derivatives Analyst, Morgan Stanley, London; Trainee Sales Assistant, Societe Generale, London

As Alumni Ambassador:
Together with the other Ambassadors for Switzerland, I will be organising networking drinks, lecture evenings, meals and other trips of interest. Join our Switzerland Alumni LinkedIn Group and look out for our WhatsApp group.

About me:
I had a great time at Bayes, I loved the vibe and the people - plus, I met my husband! I love socialising, travelling, skiing, cycling and hiking. When I can, I enjoy the opera and visiting museums and I also really like watching my husband play basketball.

sandra
              email logo LinkedIn logo

Ismet Omer Oztanik - Alumni Ambassador for Turkey

Lives in:
Istanbul

Course:
Msc Management, 2008

Current Role:
Vice Chairman, Lucis Initiative / Avantgarde Collection

Other Existing Roles:
Ozmetal Trading, Vice Chairman; Soluto Integrated Facility Services, Chairman; Educhos Hospitality Academy, Chairman; Sabemer Vocational Occupancy Examination Center, Chairman; Lidyana.com, Founding Investor & Board Member; 500.co Turkey Fund, LP & Advisory Board Member

As Alumni Ambassador:
I will be arranging networking drinks meet-ups to grow the local alumni community. Contact me to be added to our social media groups including the WhatsApp group. I will also be in cooperation with other top alumni clubs in the region to help us get the most out of our meet-ups through cross-networking.

About me:
I made lifelong friends at Bayes. When I get some time off I like to try different foods and venues, watch movies, listen to live music, meet friends, play poker, and read newsletters and e-blogs. I am a congress member of the Fenerbahçe Sports club. Almost a third of the year I am travelling out of Istanbul, Turkey. I play bowling, football and basketball. I like to get involved in projects of social impact. I am active member of Endeavor Initiative based in NY and Silicon Valley and a member of British Chamber of Commerce and Trade and Corporate Governance Association of Turkey (TKYD).

ismet 

email logo LinkedIn logo Facebook logo instagram logo

Gauri Gupta - Alumni Ambassador for United Kingdom

Lives in:
London

Course:
MBA Strategy and Finance, 2015

Currently:
Recently retired

As Alumni Ambassador:
As an Alumni Ambassador, I look forward to meeting other alumni over drinks and/or dinner and arrange events, so please do get in touch!

About me:
At Bayes Business School, I had the opportunity to represent the School at an International Leadership Programme I-LEAD, in January 2014 in Sydney, Australia. I met other MBA students and faculty members from other globally ranked business schools such as MIT Sloan, Wharton, INSEAD, Wits, CBS, NUS, and more. It was a very rewarding experience and a few of us continue to stay in touch even today. Bayes has given me some amazing friends and travels!

Edinburgh is a beautiful city with lots to explore and having traveled all my life I now try to visit a new city when possible. I also enjoy art galleries and museums, tennis, and wine education.

Gauri
               email logo

Richard Storey - Alumni Ambassador for United Kingdom

Lives in:
Bristol

Course:
MSc Administrative Sciences, 1969 (later changed to MBA)

Currently:
Recently retired

Previous roles:
1969-1978 Marketing assistant/Marketing manager at British Sisalkraft part of St Regis Paper Corporation; 1978-1981 Marketing Director, Bartol Plastics; 1981-1988 Director and General Manager Cuprinol Ltd ; 1989 - 1991 Director and General Manager of Edwards Sports; 1992- 2016 RSL Associates my own marketing consultancy business

As Alumni Ambassador:
I look forward to connecting alumni in the South West by arranging networking meet-ups over drinks. Contact me if you would like to get involved.

About me:
I love photography and am a member of the Clevedon Camera Club. Recently retired, I enjoy travelling, especially city breaks in Europe. My favourite memory of Bayes is the great camaraderie amongst the relatively small group of students in, what was, only the second year of the City University Business School.

richard
               email logo LinkedIn logo

Header image © Flickr user Ghost of Kuji