For Alumni User agreement

Alumni Online Community – User Agreement

Thank you for using our Online Community.

The following terms, conditions and policies are to ensure that we offer a secure, reliable and professional service to our members.

If you feel that other Community members are abusing their access, please contact us as soon as possible at:
Cass Community: cass-alumni@city.ac.uk
City Community: alumni@city.ac.uk

Alumni Online Community privacy policy

We have created this statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. We do not collect personally identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us.

We collect and store only the following information about you: the name of the domain from which you access the Internet (e.g. yourcompany.co.uk); the date and time you access our site; the Internet address of any Web page from which you linked to our Community.

We use this information to measure the usage of different areas of our site, and to help us make our site more valuable to our members.

Online Profile updates and donations

If you complete the Profile update form and share your personally identifying information with us, this information will be used only to provide you with more targeted content. We may use your contact information to send further information about the City University or Cass Business School, or to contact you when necessary. You may always opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the "Opt Out" section below.

Country of residence information

It will be possible for registered users of the Community to see your name in the results list if they specifically search for fellow members by their country of residence. However, please be assured that they will not be able to see any other information about you if you have marked that other information to be private.

Cookies

The Community does use cookies for tracking your visit once you have logged in and ensures that you remain logged in during your time using the service.

Sending us an e-mail

If you send us personally identifying information in an e-mail or by filling out a web form, we will use that information primarily to respond to your requests. We may forward your information to other parts of City University who are better able to answer your enquiry. We may also use your information to contact you in the future about services that may be of interest.

If you sign up for one of our e-mail lists, we will only send you the kinds of information you have requested. We won't share your name or email address with any outside parties except as might be required by law.

Opt-out or change your contact information

Our Community provides members with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us. You may choose to receive only specific communications or none at all. You may also update your contact information.

Discussion forums

Our forums are available to everyone who has registered with the Online Community. Please respect others' opinions even though they may not be the same as your own.

The views expressed are those of individuals, and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of Cass and the City University.

You agree, by using this Community, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also not allowed.

Our Alumni Relations teams will regularly read the posts, and we reserve the right to remove messages from any discussion which are deemed to be offensive or in any way wholly inappropriate to the nature of the discussion. Anyone posting such a message will be contacted to inform them of this decision. We also reserve the option to remove the right to use the Community from anyone abusing their access.

To report an offensive or inappropriate post, please email us at:

Use of links

Throughout our Community pages, we provide links to other web sites which may contain information of interest to our readers. We take no responsibility for other organisations’ views or the accuracy of their information. However, we will remove links if they are inappropriate for any reason.

Alumni access to online resources

I confirm the affiliation, postal and email address information on my alumni record is correct and I accept responsibility for ensuring these details are kept up to date.

I agree to adhere to University guidance on copyright law and understand that I may be liable for any copyright infringement which arises as a result of my use of printed and electronic resources provided by City University London

I agree to comply with the terms and conditions pertaining to my use of electronic resources held under license to City University London or Sir John Cass Business School.

I confirm all material accessed through the City University Library will be used for my personal study and research only. 

I confirm that I will never share the username and password of my network community account or share my alumni card.

REFER TO THE INFORMATION SERVICES AND LIBRARIES WEBSITE FOR FULL DETAILS OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All material must ONLY be used for education and non-commercial research.  It is the personal responsibility of all users to check and abide by publishers terms and conditions.

Webpage where online resources are listed for Cass or City Site

These databases are provided to alumni of Cass Business School,  or (City University London) for personal use only. No commercial use is allowed.

Accessibility

This Community is designed to be accessible to visitors with disabilities, and to aims to comply with best practice guidelines concerning accessibility. We welcome your comments. If you have suggestions on how to make the site more accessible, please contact us at:

Questions about our policies
If you have any questions about our terms and conditions, the practices of this Net Community, or your use of the Community, you can contact the Alumni Relations teams at:

Further general information on City University’s policies is contained in the following documents: